If you want to link to your Tegrity recordings from a Blackboard Content Area, folder, or item, you will first have to get a link to the Tegrity recording in question. To do so, perform the following steps:
Note: This procedure will work only for linking to recordings within a single Blackboard course site. If you are using recordings belonging to another instructor (with their permission), you should copy the recording to your own course site. For help doing this, please see the related articles below.
- Log into the Blackboard site corresponding to the Tegrity recording you want to link, and click Tegrity Recordings in the Course Navigation menu (see Fig. 1). The Tegrity application will display in a new window.
Fig. 1, Course Navigation menu. The Tegrity Classes button is usually toward the bottom of this menu.
- Once the Tegrity window displays, and your list of recordings for the class appears, find the recording you want to link, and click its check box (see Fig. 2). Make sure to click only one check box.
Fig. 2, Tegrity classes and corresponding checkboxes.
- Find and click the Actions menu in the lower-left corner of the Tegrity window. The menu shown in Fig. 3 will display.
Fig. 3, Class Actions menu
- Click Get Class Link, as indicated in Fig. 3. The Direct Link to Session pop-up will display (see Fig. 4). Please be patient, as this takes a moment to load.
Fig. 4, Direct Link to Session pop-up.
Note: if you uncheck the box labeled "Do not allow anonymous users to view the recording" you can allow those who are not logged in Blackboard to see the video.
- Copy the text in the URL field.
- Paste the URL into a link anywhere in your Blackboard course site.
Note: You must configure your link to open in a new window. Tegrity recordings will not play when opened in the Blackboard browser window.