Creating a column for extra credit in the Grade Center
- Login to your Blackboard course site, and scroll down to find the Control Panel (see Fig. 1) in the bottom-left corner of the browser window.
Fig. 1, Control Panel in a Blackboard course site
- In the Control Panel, click Grade Center. The Grade Center category will expand with two options: Needs Grading and Full Grade Center (see Fig. 2).
- Click Full Grade Center. The full Grade Center will display.
- In the upper-left corner of the Grade Center, click the Create Column button. The Create Grade Column page will display.'
- In the Column Name field, type a name for your column (e.g., "Extra Credit").
- In the Points Possible field, type 0 (zero).
- Verify that Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations is marked Yes.
- Click Submit. Now, any points you enter into this column in the Grade Center will count as extra credit.