Before you can grade a Discussion Board forum, grading must be enabled for the particular forum. This will create a column in the Grade Center.
Enabling Grading on a Forum in the Discussion Board
- To enable grading for an existing forum:
- Navigate to the Discussion Board page
- Mouse-over the forum you want to grade. When the symbol appears, click it to reveal a pop-up menu.
- From the contextual menu, click Edit.
- Skip to step 3.
- To enable grading for a new forum, navigate to the Discussion Board page and click Create Forum.
- On the Create Forum page, fill out the various fields (e.g., Name, Description, Availability) for your forum.
- Under Forum Settings > Grade, choose Grade Discussion Forum.
- Type the desired point value of the forum in the Points possible field.
- Click .
Grading a Discussion Forum
- Once grading is enabled for a forum, a Grade option appears in the pop-up menu under . Click Grade.
- A list of all students in the discussion appears. On the right-hand side of the page, click Grade for the first student in the list.
- All posts made by that student (both new threads created by the student and her/his replies to other students' threads) will aggregate into a single list for you to read. From here, you can provide feedback and a grade for the student.
- Click to save the student's grade and comments to the Grade Center.