Please consider before using links.
- If you are creating private links to Tegrity Recordings to be placed in a Blackboard or Canvas content area, you will need to redo the links at the beginning of each semester. When a new Blackboard or Canvas course is created, a new Tegrity course is created and recordings will have to be moved to the new Tegrity class. The private recording links will not work once the recordings have been moved. You can make a public link (see below) but that link can be shared outside of Blackboard and Canvas. And you cannot generate student viewing reports on public links. Please Note: Even if you do make public links, please move recordings into new courses as recordings in courses over 3 years old are deleted.
- It is extremely bad practice to link to recordings in other instructors' courses. We realize instructors share links, but trouble shooting playback problems for students is extremely difficult, and every time the Blackboard or Canvas course is renewed or copied, the links will not work. With permission from the instructor who created the recordings, the Tegrity admin can copy the recordings into your course. email@example.com
- Tegrity Recording Links have two settings: 1) Private: Access allowed only to people enrolled in the course 2) Or Public: anonymous, meaning anyone can view the recording.
Steps to create a link in Blackboard. Please see "Linking to Tegrity Recordings in Canvas Modules" for help in linking Tegrity Recordings in Canvas courses.
- Go to Blackboard > Tegrity and click the box to the far right of the recording. Make sure to click only one check box.
- Go to Recording Tasks > Share Recording. A Window will open, and the link can be copied and placed in your Blackboard content area. Only students enrolled in course will be able to access the recording. Note: You must configure your link to open in a new window. Tegrity recordings will not play when opened in the Blackboard browser window
To make a public link, uncheck "Do not allow anonymous users to view the recording" The link will change and is now a public link. This link can be shared with anyone and will play. The option to Share the Recording on Facebook or Twitter is only available to Instructors.