Instructors can request a Canvas site for a class using our online form. Instructors must be listed as the instructor of record in MyZou to be able to use the form. Requests for organization sites are processed according to these instructions.
- Go to https://courses.missouri.edu.
- Scroll down to the Instructor Support section.
- Just below the support contact information is a white box with the title, REQUEST COURSE SITES (see Fig. 1).
Figure 1: REQUEST COURSE SITES section of courses.missouri.edu
- Click the red& Canvas Site Request button.
- Log in to the form with your PawPrint ID and password.
- You will see a list of previously requested sites. Click the blue Continue button to access the form.
Select the semester for the class in the Semester dropdown menu. Instructors who need a Canvas site for a future semester that is not in the Semester dropdown menu, choose Development/Sandbox (see Fig.2).
Figure 2: Semester dropdown menu
- Question 4 on the form will allow you to have blank Canvas site or import content from a Blackboard site (see Fig. 3).
- Select the No radio button for a blank site.
- Select the Yes radio button to import content from one of your Blackboard sites.
Figure 3: Select your Blackboard site from the dropdown menu.
NOTE: There is no option to import content from a Canvas site to another Canvas site. Instructors will now copy content themselves inside of their Canvas sites.
Question 8 on the form is where you can enter additional information not addressed in the form. For example, enter the PawPrint IDs for instructors or TAs who need also need access to your site (see Fig 4).
Figure 4: Additional Comments field
Click the blue Next button.
- Review your request. Click the blue Confirm button.