To set up a course blog:
- From your Control Panel, open the Course Tools section and select Blogs.
- On the next screen, select the Create Blog.
- On the Create Blog screen, enter a title and any other information you may need in the description box below.
- Scroll down to the option labeled Blog Participation. By default, this should be set to Course, which is what you need for a class blog.
- After making sure that the correct radio button is checked here, set any other options you may need for the blog.
- When you are finished, click the Submit button to create the blog.
- Once the blog is created, you must also deploy it. This is similar to deploying tests. Choose a content area where you’d like the blog to reside and enter that page. Then hover over the Add Interactive Tool button and select Blog.
- On the Create Link: Blog page, you can either select to create a generalized blog link to all blogs within the course or create a single link to a particular blog. Pick whichever fits your needs, and click the Submit button.
When you are finished, you should be able to see the link to the blog in the content area you chose. As an instructor, you will be able to see all blogs and entries in the class. Students will only be able to see their own posts.