Allowing Users to Subscribe to Discussion Board Forums and Threads
Modified on: Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Allowing subscriptions to threads and forums lets users opt to receive an email every time a post is made to a forum or thread to which they have subscribed.
Users cannot subscribe to threads or forums unless an instructor goes through this process.
- Navigate to the Discussion Board tool home page (see Fig. 1).
- Mouse-over the link to the forum you want to edit, and click the symbol to display a pop-up menu.
- From the pop-up menu, click Edit. The Edit Forum page will display.
- Scroll down to the Forum Settings section of the page, and notice the Subscribe options:
- (Optional) To allow subscription to threads within this forum, click Allow members to subscribe to threads.
- (Optional) To allow subscription to the whole forum, click Allow members to subscribe to forum.
For either option, you should indicate whether users will receive the entire message body of a new post or just a link to the post. Most subscribers prefer to see the entire message.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?