To set up a class wiki:
- From your Control Panel, open the Course Tools section and select Wiki.
- On the next screen, select the Create Wiki.
- On the Create Wiki screen, enter a title and any other information you may need in the description box below.
- Scroll down to the fourth option labeled Wiki Participation. By default this should be set to Open to Editing, which means that students will be able to add and edit pages.
- After making sure that the correct radio button is checked here, set any other options you may need for the wiki.
- When you are finished, click the Submit button to create the wiki.
- Once the wiki is created, you must also deploy it. This is similar to deploying tests. Choose a content area where you’d like the wiki to reside and enter that page. Then hover over the Tools button and select Wikis.
- On the Create Link: Wiki page, you can either select to create a generalized wiki link to all wikis within the course or create a single link to a particular blog. Pick whichever fits your needs, and click the Submit button.
When you are finished, you should be able to see the link to the wiki link in the content area you chose.