Follow the following steps to add evidence to a matrix within the Sakai ePortfolio system:
1. Login to the Sakai/e-Portfolios system using your pawprint and password.
2. Select the site for which you want to add evidence to the matrix by clicking on the site tab. Then, click on the Matrices link on the left-hand menu. This will bring up a list of available matrices created for the site on the screen. (See, Fig. 1)
Fig. 1, Available Matrices
3. Select the matrix for which you want to add information by
clicking on the matrix name. The matrix allows you to provide evidence
of learning or other achievements in criteria, standards, or skills
according to different levels of ability or areas of activity. A matrix
cell may also contain a custom form to be completed. (See, Fig. 2)
Fig. 2, Course Matrix
4. To add an item to the matrix, click into one of the cells which here are gray colored (See, Fig 2). You will notice the cell title at the top of the page (See, Fig. 3). In this case we have selected the Leadership Row and the Graduate Studies Column.
5. To add your artifacts click the Add link under Actions in the Items section (See, Fig. 3).
Fig. 3, Leadership Row and Graduate Studies Column section of matrix
6. Clicking Add brings up your My Workspace resources (See, Fig. 4). Browse for the file you would like to upload or choose from the list of resources. To select a previously uploaded document from the Course Site Resources area, click on Attach a copy. Then, click Continue at the bottom on the screen.
Fig. 4, My Workspace Resources
Note: If the document is in a folder, navigate through the folder to then select the document.
7. The document will now appear in the matrix cell as seen previously in Figure 3 (See, Fig. 5).
Fig. 5, Leadership Row and Graduate Studies Column section of matrix with added document
Note: Once you add a document it becomes accessible to your instructor.
Note: You can add multiple files in the same cell by clicking on Add/Drop.