Blackboard: Submit Kaltura Media for an Assignment (for Students)
Modified on: Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 8:43 AM
The process for adding digital media to an assignment submission follows:
- Go to the area of your course site where you need to submit media for your assignment.
Examples: A content area titled "Assignments" or "Projects."
- Once you have clicked on the desired Assignment, Go to "Assignment Submission" and click on the Write Submission button. This will show the text box and text editor.
- Occasionally, the full text editor will be collapsed into one line. In this instance, you can expand the full text editor by clicking on the double down arrows on the far right of text editor.
- Now you will need to click on the button called Mashups and choose Kaltura Media from the expanded menu.
NOTE Mac users: If your video is on an iPhone or iPad, please follow these instructions for transfering to Mac. You CANNOT upload from an iphone or ipad into Kaltura.
- Connect your phone to the your computer.
- Go to Applications > Image Capture.
- In Image Capture, in the Sidebar select your iOS device.
- In the main window, select your Movie and Import or Save it to the Desktop. Notice the name of the movie and upload this version via Kaltura into your Blackboard assignment.
- 2 Gb is the file size limit for upload.
- A large file may take an hour or more to upload.
- Make sure you are using a fast Internet connection and that the computer does not sleep during the upload process.
- After content is uploaded, it may take several minutes for the content to encoded in the proper format for playback.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?