Creating a column for extra credit in the Grade Center
- Log in to your Blackboard course site, and scroll down to find the Control Panel in the bottom-left corner of the browser window.
- In the Control Panel, click Grade Center. The Grade Center category will expand with two options: Needs Grading and Full Grade Center (see Fig. 1).
Fig. 1. Accessing the Full Grade Center.
- Click Full Grade Center. The full Grade Center will display.
- In the upper-left corner of the Grade Center, click the Create Column button. The Create Grade Column page will display.'
- In the Column Name field, type a name for your column (e.g., "Extra Credit").
- In the Points Possible field, type 0 (zero).
Fig. 2. Enter a zero (0) for Points Possible.
- Verify that Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations is marked Yes.
- Click Submit. Now, any points you enter into this column in the Grade Center will count as extra credit.
Fig. 3. Include this column in Grade Center calculations.