If your students have told you that they can see columns in the Grade Center that you though you'd hidden from their view, you've likely hidden it from yourself, but not from them. Please follow the steps below to remedy this:
- Go to your Grade Center.
- Hover over Manage and click Column Organization (See Fig. 2). This will show you ALL of the columns in your Grade Center whether they are hidden or not.
- Click the checkboxes next to the columns you have hidden.
- Choose to Show Selected Columns. (See Fig. 3)
Fig. 3, Show Selected Columns
- Click Submit. Now you should see ALL of the columns in your regular Grade Center view.
- Click the circle with the arrow in it in the header of one of the columns and choose to Edit the Column Information.
- Scroll to the bottom options and choose to NOT include it in the Grade Center calculations AND to NOT show the column in My Grade to the students (See Fig. 4).
- Click Submit.
- Repeat steps 5–8 for each of the problem columns.
- You should now see a circle with a red line through it in the header for each of the columns. This indicates that the column can NOT be seen by students.
- Now you can once again hide the column from your own view in the Grade Center. Click the circle with the arrow in it in the header for each of the columns and choose to HIDE the column. This will remove it from your view in the Grade Center.
Fig. 2. Column Organization
There are TWO things you should look out for here. First, make sure that the points from those columns are NOT being included in the Grade Center calculations. Next, you can hide them from the students view. Then, you may once again hide them from your own view in the Grade Center. Look to see if there is a circle with a red line through it in the header of a column. If there IS that means that the students can NOT see the column.
Fig. 4. Column options