There are two possible issues. First, make sure that the My Grades tool is available to them in the course menu or on a page. If it is not:
- Go to the menu of your course site.
- Click on the + sign to expand your menu
- Click on Create Tool Link in the menu bar (See, Fig. 1)
Fig. 1, create tool link
- Choose My Grades from the drop down menu and click Submit
- If it still does not appear in your course menu, you may need to click the Refresh link found at the top of the course menu.
- Open the Evaluation area of the Control Panel
- Open the Grade Center
- Click on the Column Menu Icon
- Choose Edit Column Information
- Set Show this column in My Grades to "Yes"
- Optionally, set Show Statistics (average and median) for this column in My Grades to "Yes" if you wish to permit students to compare their scores to the class average.
- Click Submit