Calculated columns allow you to carry out simple calculations on other columns. You may have multiple total and weighted total columns, as well as columns for determining averages and high/low scores.
NOTE: Weighted Total Columns are percentage based - you must have the Primary display of the column set to Percentage and nothing in the Secondary display.
Weighted columns allow weighting of grades and are also useful for dropping grades. To set up a weighted column:
- Click Add Calculated Column and choose Weighted from the drop down menu.
- Enter the information in Column Information and Dates in the same way as setting up a grade column.
- To weight by individual grades (see Fig. 1):
- Under Columns to Select click on the column name which you would like to weigh.
- Click the small right arrow located next to the column names to move the columns to the Selected Columns area.
- Repeat this until you have all your desired columns included.
- Enter the weight (represented as a percent) that you would like each selected column to represent. (You can remove columns by clicking the red "x" on the right side.)
- The weighted columns should add up to 100%.
- Click Submit and your new weighted column will appear in the Grade Center.
- To weight columns by category (see Fig. 2):
- Under Categories to Select click on the category you wish to include.
- Click the right arrow key listed next to the category.
- Repeat this until you have included all your desired categories.
- Enter the weight (represented as a percent) that you would like each selected category to represent. (You may remove the selected categories by clicking the red "x" on the right side of the screen.)
- The weighted categories should add up to 100%.
- Click Submit and the weighted column will appear in Grade Center.
Fig. 2: Screenshot weighting grades by category
Fig. 1: Screenshot of weighting screen