Embedding a YouTube video allows you to play that video in your Blackboard course site without having to open a new web browser window.
Note: You can only embed YouTube videos that are
publicly searchable. Unlisted and private videos cannot be embedded
through this process.
- Navigate to the Content Area where you want to embed your video.
- Mouse-over the Build Content button (see Fig. 1) in the upper-left corner of the screen. Several pop-up options will appear (see Fig. 2).
Fig. 1, The Build Content button
Fig. 2, Build Content menu options
- From the options, choose YouTube Video (see above in Fig. 2). A new page will display.
- On the Search for a YouTube video page, type a search query into the Search field. Modify the other search parameters as necessary (e.g., you may want to specify a preferred language).
- Click Go. Search results will appear on the page.
- Find the video you want to embed, and click the Select button below its thumbnail preview. The Create Mashup Item page will display.
- Configure the item options however you want them. For more information on these options, see the Related Articles section below.
- Click Submit. Your YouTube video is now playable from the content area you chose in Step 1.