To prevent students from "spamming" users in large courses, you may wish
to disable the email tool in your Blackboard course site. This will not affect your ability as an instructor to send emails to all of your students; it will only prevent students from sending emails to one another via Blackboard.
- Login to your course site.
- In the bottom-left corner of the screen, under Control Panel, click Customization.
- Click Tool Availability. A new page will load displaying a matrix of Blackboard tools and options.
- Scroll down the page to find Email.
- Click the double-down arrow next to Email. A pop-up menu will appear.
- In the pop-up menu, click Email Settings.
- Clear the check boxes for All Users and All Student Users. This will prevent students from copying and pasting a message into a Blackboard email and sending it to all of their classmates with one click. This deters "casual" spammers.
- (Optional) You may also clear the check box for Select Users as well. It prevents students from sending emails (through Blackboard) to anyone in the course except for TAs and instructors.
- Click Submit.
- Go to the Tools Area in your course site (Usually a button in your course menu)
- Locate the Voice Email tool.
- Click Hide Link.