Preparing and Confirming Final Grades in Canvas
Modified on: Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:58 AM
- Do NOT leave any cells blank.
Enter a 0 (zero) for any blank cells where the student has not completed an assessment.
Enter a EX (for exempt) for any cells where the student has been exempted from an assessment.
- Any columns that are completely blank should be either deleted, or removed from the final grade calculation
- Do NOT leave any columns Muted.
- Do NOT use the "Treat Ungraded as 0" feature. This only affects your personal grades view, not the actual grade of the student.
- Publish Grades to SIS. Note - if you make a change in Canvas you will need to Publish the grades again.
- Check each assignment to verify that the points possible is correct. If these are incorrect, grade calculations will be off. Columns that are used for extra-credit should always be worth zero points.
- If you are weighting grades, verify that the weights and other settings for each assignment group are correct. See https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2625 for details on weighting. You may edit each group to determine the number of high or low scores to drop, if any.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?