Provided an instructor enables the pocasting feature, you can subscribe to a course's Tegrity recordings as video podcasts in iTunes on Mac or Windows.
- Make sure that your computer is running the latest version of iTunes (link opens in a new window).
- Open iTunes and log into the Blackboard > Tegrity Classes for the course you want to subscribe to.
- Under Course Tasks, Choose Video Podcasts
- The below window will open. Click OK. This box may not appear if you have previously Remember my choice for itpc links.
- In iTunes, click on Podcasts and then My Podcasts. You will see the course and the recordings. When you subscribed, only the newest recording was downloaded. To download and manage recordings click on Settings. Also click on Old Episodesto view older recordings. You may need to click on the Refresh Circle.
- To play a recording, double-click and it will open in the iTunes window. When you are finished watching, move the cursor to the upper left of the recording and click on the X.
(For Instructors and TA's only) To directly access a podcast's video files for redistribution.
- Right-click the episode whose media file you want, and click Show in Finder (Mac) or Show in Windows Explorer (Windows). A Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Windows) window will display, which contains the media files for your podcast (see Figs. 5 and 6).
Fig. 5., Media files in the Mac OS Finder
Fig. 6, Media files shown in Windows Explorer