A quick ET@MO introduction to VoiceThread. Click here for a full screen experience.
VoiceThread is an application integrated with Canvas that allows users to create presentations, post comments, and share content.
• Upload various types of media like PowerPoint presentations, photos, and videos (See, Fig. 1)
Fig. 1, Creating a VoiceThread
• Post audio, video, or text comments (See, Fig. 2)
• Allow students to also post comments
Fig. 2, Commenting on a VoiceThread
• Can be shared with a course, group, or individual (See, Fig. Fig. 3, Sharing a VoiceThread
Common VoiceThread Uses
• Create a presentation with various types of comments further explaining topics
• Easily re-use the lecture from one semester to the next
• Simplified editing (rearrange slides, edit audio & video)
• Add short video clips
• Annotate slides as you are recording audio
• Create various types of assignments
• Integrated directly with Canvas grade book for streamlined grading
• Assignments can include creating a VoiceThread, commenting on a VoiceThread, or watching a VoiceThread
Collaboration and Group Discussion
• Multiple people can edit and post comments on a single VoiceThread
• View content and then respond to it either verbally or with text
• Respond to other people’s comments
For instructor support email: email@example.com
For more information and help visit: https://etopics.missouri.edu/support/solutions/1000074440
You may also find some inspiration by browsing the library of VoiceThread examples located here.