After logging into VoiceThread for the first time it is recommended that you edit your identity. By editing your identity, individuals participating in the VoiceThread can easily recognize who has already commented on the thread.
To edit your identity follow the below steps.
1. Log into your Canvas course site.
2. Go to the area of your course where your instructor has linked to VoiceThread and click on the link to access VoiceThread.
a. If your instructor has added a CourseView link to VoiceThread you will need to click on the VT Home link at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
3. Click the arrow next to your email address in the top right hand corner (See, Fig. 1).
Fig. 1, VoiceThread My Identities
4. Click on My Identities.
5. Click Edit (See, Fig. 2).
Fig. 2, VoiceThread Identities
6. We suggest leaving your name as your pawprint so you are identified correctly by your instructor (See, Fig. 3).
7. Click Select an Image to upload an image to associate with your Identity.
Fig. 3, VoiceThread edit identity
Note: Using a clear image of yourself or an easily identifiable object will help communication on the VoiceThread run clearly and smoothly. (See, Fig. 4).
Fig. 4, VoiceThread tutorial