Once an instructor makes the decision to use iClicker, the instructor will have access to training and support. The instructor will have assistance via workshops and individual consultations with ET@MO staff.
Follow this procedure:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, course, section and the classroom in which you will be teaching.
- You will be contacted by an ET@MO staff person who can provide training for using clickers and help you integrate it into your curriculum.
- You will be provided (free of charge) with an instructor kit that includes:
- 1 receiver
- 1 instructor remote
- 1 student remote
- iClicker Software
- After you've had a consultation with ET@MO staff, contact the University Bookstore to add iClicker to your bookstore order. Email email@example.com and include the department name, course number and section number in both the subject line and body, This way students will know whether to purchase a iClicker Cloud subscription or an iClicker 2 when they buy textbooks. Students can expect to pay around $50 to purchase an iClicker from the bookstore. This purchase will include the physical clicker AND a subscription to iClicker Cloud. There will be no additional charges for students and these iClickers can be used in any course that is using the iClicker system and they can use their iClicker Cloud subscription with any device they bring to class.
- Add content to your syllabus about how iClicker will be used in the class (see Related Articles below for an example). Include a plan for management and assessment of iClicker (for example, will students receive points for participation or performance? How often are they expected to have their clickers in class? How will you handle students who attend class but forget their clicker or have technical problems? How often will you post iClicker points?)
- Notify students on or before the first day of class that will need to either buy a physical iClicker or purchase a iClicker cloud license for the course.