- Scroll down to the Instructor Support section.
- Go to https://courses.missouri.edu.
- Just below the support contact information is a white box with the title, REQUEST COURSE SITES (see Fig. 1).
Figure 1: REQUEST COURSE SITES section of courses.missouri.edu
- Log in to the form with your PawPrint ID and password.
- You will see a list of previously requested sites. Click the blue Continue button to access the form.
- Select the semester for the class in the Semester dropdown menu. Instructors who need a Canvas site for a future semester that is not in the Semester dropdown menu, choose Development/Sandbox (see Fig.2).
Figure 2: Semester dropdown menu
- Click the red Canvas Site Request button.
- Select if you would like section numbers displayed in the Canvas course title.
- Choose if you would like to have a blank Canvas site or import content from a Blackboard site (see Fig. 3).
- Select the No radio button for a blank site.
- Select the Yes radio button to import content from one of your Blackboard sites.Figure 3: Select your Blackboard site from the dropdown menu.
NOTE: There is no option to import content from a Canvas site. Instructors will copy Canvas content themselves inside of their Canvas sites.
- Select any additional sections of students that you would like loaded into the same Canvas course site (see Fig, 4).
- Select any additional users listed in MyZou that you want to have access to your Canvas course site (see Fig, 4).
Figure 4: Select your cross-listed sections (if any) and users.
- You can also enter additional information. For example, you can tell us a section of students is missing from your listing that you need to have crosslisted.
- Click the blue Next button.
- Review your request. Click the blue Confirm button.
Requesting a Canvas site
Modified on: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 2:36 PM
Instructors can request a Canvas site for a class using our online form. Instructors must be listed as the instructor of record in MyZou to be able to use the form. Requests for organization sites are processed according to these instructions.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?