By default, all Canvas Course are created with hidden links for My Media and Media. Unlike Canvas links, when hidden, Third Party Links do not show up grayed out in the navigation bar. To unhide, click Settings > Navigation, and drag up the links to unhid them. Be sure to click Save. You may need to scroll down to the bottom to find it. Do Not add these as an External Tool in a Canvas Page.
To enable the My Media or the Media Gallery button in a Canvas site:
- From your Canvas site click the Settings button on the course navigation window.
- Click the Navigation tab (see Fig. 1) on the top of the page.
Figure 1: Click on the Navigation tab that is on the top of the Settings page.
- You'll see two groups of buttons. The top group contains buttons that are currently active. The bottom group shows buttons that are currently inactive. Locate the My Media or the Media Gallery button in the bottom group.
- Click on the three vertical dots (see Fig. 2) and drag and drop it in the top group.
Figure 2: Drag the My Media or Media Gallery item to the top section of the page to turn it on in the navigation menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
Note: If you want to access My Media but don't want the My Media button in your Canvas site, the My Media link can be accessed by going to Account > Settings and clicking My Media.