To log in, go to http://courses.missouri.edu and click the "Canvas" button. Log in with your Mizzou PawPrint and password.
After you have entered your PawPrint and password, you will be taken to your Canvas user dashboard. From here, you can view announcements, to-do items, and upcoming events for all of your Canvas courses.
To return to the Dashboard from within any course, click the MU logo in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
The following links, on the far left-hand side of page (against the black background), will be accessible from any page within Canvas:
- Courses—a drop-down menu that will bring up all of your Canvas courses
- Calendar—view all events and due dates for all of your Canvas courses
- Inbox—view any messages you have received
- Account—update your profile, settings, or notification preferences
- MU Connect—if your instructor has enabled MU Connect, click here to make appointments, view warnings and kudos, etc.
Links to all of the following can be found in the course navigation of your course—though they might be in a different order than what is presented here:
Pay close attention to your course announcements in order to receive information and updates from your instructor.
Announcements for all of your Canvas courses will also appear under the "Recent Activity" heading of your Dashboard.
By default, you will receive announcements automatically via email. You can go to Settings > Notification Preferences to choose to receive announcements less frequently (e.g., once a day) or via text messaging.
The Syllabus table lists all of the activities in the course that have due dates. If you have customized your time zone (under Settings), the due date and time will appear in your local time (e.g., if you live in California, an assignment that is due at 11:59 p.m. Central time is due at 9:59 p.m. for you)
Your course activities will be organized under the Modules page. Your instructor might have created modules by week or by topic. Course modules can include any of the following:
- Handouts—in Word, PDF, or PowerPoint format
- Multimedia materials (videos, etc.)
- Links to external websites
- Discussions relevant to the module topic (see the following section on participating in discussions)
- Assignments or quizzes to complete (see the following section for detailed information on completing and submitting graded work)
Logging Out of Canvas
To log out of Canvas completely, you must close your browser completely. If you use the “Log Out” link in Canvas without closing your browser, you will not be logged out. This is of particular concern if you are on a public or shared computer.