Adding Instructors or TAs
Instructors can enroll additional instructors or teaching assistants as long as they have an account in Canvas. See below for instructions.
Students who are enrolled in your class in MyZou are automatically enrolled in Canvas sites. Students appear in Canvas within 24 hours of enrolling in a course in MyZou.
Adding External Users
If you want to add a user to your Canvas site who is not affiliated with Mizzou or a UM System campus (e.g., an observer or guest lecturer), please contact Division of IT Tech Support at (573) 882-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a courtesy SSO for the user. When the courtesy SSO is created contact Educational Technologies (573) 882-3303 or email@example.com to add the SSO to the Canvas system.
Adding users to your course site
- From within your Canvas course site click on People.
- Click the Add People button.
- Change the "Add user(s) by" button to Login ID.
- Enter the pawprint of the user you would like to add. If you have multiple users you can enter them all separated by commas.
- Choose the role you would like the user(s) to have.
- Select the section you want them to be in.
*If you do NOT select the box for "Can interact with users in their section only" the new user will be able to see all of the users in the course site.
- Click Next.
- If you have put in the correct pawprints the next screen will resolve with the person's first and last name and look like the picture below. If the pawprint does not resolve, either you have entered an incorrect pawprint or the user does not have a Canvas username.
9. Click Add Users. Click Done.
Unsuccessful add: Stop and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the pawprint added to Canvas.
Note: If you need assistance enrolling a user in your course site, please email email@example.com.