Preparing and Confirming the Total Grade in Canvas
Modified on: Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:57 PM
- Do NOT leave any cells blank.
Enter a 0 (zero) for any blank cells where the student has not completed an assessment.
Enter a EX (for exempt) for any cells where the student has been exempted from an assessment.
- Any columns that are completely blank should be either deleted, or removed from the final grade calculation
- Do NOT leave any columns Muted.
- Do NOT use the "Treat Ungraded as 0" feature. This only affects your personal grades view, not the actual grade of the student.
- Check each assignment to verify that the points possible is correct. If these are incorrect, grade calculations will be off.
- Extra-credit columns should always be worth zero points.
- If you are weighting grades, verify that the weights and other settings for each assignment group are correct. See https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2625 for details on weighting.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?