There are two ways to add VoiceThread to your Canvas course. The first, and what we usually recommend, is to add the VoiceThread links via adding an External Tool. The second is adding an individual VoiceThread via a Share link (ex. in a Page or a Discussions post). To add VoiceThread to your course please follow the steps below.
Non-graded activities - Course View, VT Home, Individual VoiceThread
- Navigate to the Modules area of your course.
- Find the module to which you’d like to add VoiceThread, and click the + (plus sign) button.
- Select External Tool from the menu.
- Select VoiceThread from the list of tools.
- Give your link a title
- Click on the link you just created to complete the set up process in VoiceThread.
- Go to to the VoiceThread that you want to link to and get the Share Link. (See, https://voicethread.com/howto/getting-a-share-link-2/ )
- Navigate to the Page or Discussions post where you would like to link your VoiceThread.
- Paste in the Share link.
- Navigate to the Assignments area of your course.
- Create a new assignment.
- Name the assignment and write a description if you choose.
- Under Submission Type, select External Tool.
- Click on the text field below the External Tool URL.
- Select VoiceThread from the list.
- Click on the link you just created to complete the set up process in VoiceThread. (See more information about Assignments, https://etopics.missouri.edu/support/solutions/articles/11000021188-creating-and-grading-a-voicethread-assignment)