Prerequisite: You must have a Zoom Pro account to schedule Zoom meetings in Canvas. Request one here.
Using the Zoom in a Canvas course
Here is the recommended way to schedule a Zoom meeting for ALL students in your Canvas course:
First, if Zoom is not already in your Canvas course navigation, you will need to add it:
- Log in to your Canvas course.
- On the navigation menu, click Settings.
- Drag the Zoom item to the top panel, and click Save.
Now, you are ready to use the Zoom to set up meetings with your students.
- Click the Zoom button in your Canvas course menu:
- Click Schedule a New Meeting:
Enter the meeting topic, date, time, and meeting duration. (Other parameters are optional.) Once you are done, click Schedule.
- Your students can now sign in to Canvas at the designated meeting time, click on the Zoom link on your course menu, and click the Join button: