The contents of your Kaltura Media Gallery does not import when using the Canvas Import Course Content function. Follow the steps below to import a Media Gallery from another course.
- In your Canvas site, enable the Media Gallery button in your navigation menu. See these instructions.
- Click the Media Gallery button in your navigation menu.
- Click the link in the yellow alert box, To import content from another media gallery you manage, click here (see Fig. 1).
Don't see this alert? Click on the hamburger icon on the top, right corner of the page and select the Import option (see Fig 2.).
Figure 1: Click on the click here link to import from another media gallery.
Figure 2: Select Import from the hamburger icon.
- Select the radio button for the course from the list and click the Import button (see Fig. 3).
Note: Playlists do not import. You will need to re-create them.Figure 3: Choose the course from the list and click the Import button.
- Media will import. Be advised, it can take a length of time for the media to be imported. You can leave the page, and the import will continue.
- A success alert box (see Fig. 4) will appear when all media is imported.
Figure 4: Success alert.