Note You may need administrator access on your computer to install Panopto. Please contact your department IT Pro for this access.
- From your Canvas site, click the Panopto Videos button in your course navigation menu.
- Click on the Create button and select Record a new session (see Fig. 1) from the dropdown menu.
Figure 1: Select Record a new session in the dropdown menu.
- Click the Download Panopto button in the popup window (see Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Click the Download Panopto button.
- Save the .pkg recorder file to your computer.
- After the download is complete, click on the .pkg file to run the installation wizard. The file is most likely in your Downloads folder (see Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Opening the Panopto package file from the Downloads folder in the Doc.
- Click the Continue button (see Fig. 4) in the Install Panopto Recorder window.
Figure 4: Click the Continue button to allow Panopto to install on your computer. Administrator access may be required to complete this step.
- Click through the wizard to the Install Software button. Enter your username and password for the computer and click the button.
- After Panopto is installed, click the Move to Trash button.
- In the Panopto screen that appears (see Fig. 4), enter your PawPrint ID and password in the login fields.
Figure 4: Enter your Mizzou Pawprint ID and password in the fields.
Minimum system requirements and additional instructions are available at https://support.panopto.com/s/article/Install-Panopto-for-Mac.