Text instructions from above Video
- From your Canvas site, click on the Panopto Videos button in your navigation menu.
- Click on the Create button and select Record a new session from the dropdown menu (See Fig. 1 below).
Figure 1: Record a new session.
- You'll be prompted to launch the Panopto app or install it.
- After Panopto launches, the Record a Session window will open.
- The following sections explain recording options that are available in the Record a Session window.
Changing the folder or session
Note: You can change the Session Name after the recording is finished also.
Selecting the Primary Source
- Select a web camera "Instructor video" if necessary.
- Select an audio device so that sound is recorded.
Note: If the audio level needs adjusted System Preferences > Sound > Input.
Selecting PowerPoint or Keynote
- Select Record Powerpoint/Record Keynote.
Note: It is important to only have the one you will be recording checked.
Selecting the Secondary Sources
Secondary 1 tab
- Set to Built-in Display so that annotations, animations, or if you want to move away from PowerPoint it is recorded.
Secondary 2 tab
- Set to None.