While using the new Chrome 80 browser, Canvas users may see error messages when trying to launch tools (such as Kaltura) inside of their sites. This is because the Chrome 80 browser handles third-party cookies differently.
To get around this issue, users can either access Canvas with a different web browser, or modify the settings in Chrome.
Solution 1: Use different web browser
Consider installing one of the other supported browsers. Which browsers does Canvas support?
Solution 2: Modify the Chrome 80 settings
You can retain the legacy behavior for cookies in the browser by changing the setting.
- Open the Chrome 80 browser and go to chrome://flags
- Locate the Search field on the top of the page and type SameSite
- Find SameSite by default cookies and set it to Disabled
- Find Cookies without SameSite must be secure and set it to Disabled\
- Click the Relaunch button on the bottom of the page
These are both currently supported through to at least Chrome 83.
How do I know which version of Chrome I am using?
Open the Chrome 80 browser and go to chrome://settings/help